Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus endows with outstanding malware protection against viruses, spyware, and other online threats devoid of slowing down system recital or disrupting your usual activities whilst using your PC and Mac. Webroot’s scrutinize and threat removal features make certain that malware is detached. It proffers higher Internet security to its consumers.
Webroot has done very well in my own hands-on malware protection tests for the past few years, although it handles them in a different way from most other products. Webroot Antivirus provides its users with the finest performance, excellent features, and advanced functionality. Webroot Antivirus offers free trials to its users so that users can easily decide on purchasing the software is worthy or not.
Features of Webroot Antivirus:
- Distinctiveness and Seclusion Shields.
- Anti-Phishing Technology.
- Offline Protection.
- Multi-Environment Support.
- Infrared protection.
- Outbound Firewall.
- Android & iOS Protection.
Advantages of Webroot Antivirus:
- Distinctiveness theft protection.
- The antivirus endows with protection for your usernames, passwords, account numbers, credit card data and other sensitive data.
- Real-time anti-phishing.
- Fastest antivirus.
- Webcam protection.
How to download webroot antivirus?
Before you begin:
- Make certain your computer meets the system requirements.
- Read the license agreement at http://detail.webrootanywhere.com/eula.asp.
- Make certain your computer is connected to the working high speed internet.
- Make sure that you have a Key code (a string of 20 alphanumeric characters)
- If you do not have your Key code then click on the on screen option to send it via mail or purchase one.
- Uninstall older versions of Webroot security software.
Following the first step the system requirements that are essential for the antivirus program to work on user’s personal computer are mentioned below. Be assured that your PC doesn’t lacks on it.
- Windows Operating System
- Windows Vista 32-bit (all Editions), Windows Vista SP1, SP2 32- and 64-bit (all Editions)
- Windows 7 32- and 64-bit (all Editions), Windows 7 SP1 32- and 64-bit (all Editions)
- Windows 8 32- and 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32- and 64-bit
- Windows 10 32- and 64-bit
- Intel Pentium /Celeron family
- AMD K6/Athlon /Duron family
- RAM and Hard Disk Space
- 128 MB RAM (min)
- 10 MB Hard Disk Space
- Internet access
- Google Chrome version 11 and newer
- Internet Explorer version 11 and newer
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox version 3.6 and newer
- Opera 11 and newer
Installing the Webroot Antivirus:
1. Initiate the installation procedure either from a CD or from a downloaded file:
• If installing from a CD, insert the CD into the CD drive. An installation dialog opens, prompting you to click a link to begin.
• If you don't have a CD, try to download the installer file. After finishing the downloading process, double-click it to begin the installation process.
• If you have a purchased version, click on the concerned link to download the installer file. After finishing the download, double-click it to begin the installation process.
2. When the Webroot Antivirus installer dialog box opens, enter the Key code in the field.
If required, you can get on Installation Options at the bottom of the dialog in order to amend the following settings.
- Generate a shortcut to Webroot on the desktop.
- Randomize the installed filename to avoid certain infections in order to prevent malware from detecting and blocking Webroot Antivirus installation file.
- Defend the Antivirus files, processes, and memory from modification.
- Change the language.
3. Click Agree and Install.
4. In the pop-up, click “Yes”.
5. Enter your email id
6. Click Continue.
7. Review the agreement by clicking “Click to view” the Webroot Antivirus Solution Agreement.
8. Once finished, return to the Webroot Antivirus download page,
9. Click Agree and Continue.
10. The Webroot Antivirus icon will appear in the taskbar and the first scan will begin.
11. The Scan will show one of the following information:
- If Antivirus become aware of threats during the scan: it shifts the items to quarantine where they are rendered inoperable and can no longer harm your system or steal data. For further information user can see running scans and managing quarantined items.
- If your system is clean: Antivirus exhibits that “You are protected!”Status on the screen. Click Start using Antivirus to go to the main screen.
- Antivirus automatically scans your computer daily
- Constantly monitors activity as you surf the internet.
- Users do not need to manually launch a scan or schedule one.
- Antivirus does all the work in the background.
- In order to verify that Antivirus is running, look for the Webroot Antivirus icon in your system tray
- If an important message requires your attention, the icon turns yellow or red. A dialog will open with further details.
- If you purchased a multi-user license, you can install Antivirus on additional computers.
There might occur a time when your Antivirus faces a few issues that are general but are very frustrating when encountered. Addressing these issues manually or with the help of customer support executive, doing it any of the way is fine, what matters the most is that the issue must be resolved. Here we have compiled a few issues and tips and tricks to address the issues manually. If still the issues persist do not hesitate to connect with the customer service executive in order to get it resolved.
Issue Encountered: Webroot is not scanning or working?
Shut down the Software: Try resolving the issue by shutting down the software and then again start the software to check whether the issue persists. In order to shut down the system, follow the following steps:
- Right-click the Webroot system tray icon located next to the clock display.
- Click "Shut down protection".
- If inquired to confirm whether you want to shut down Webroot, click "Yes".
- If prompted, complete the CAPTCHA window
- Click Enter.
In case you are unable to find the option to shut down Webroot in the system tray, follow the below steps:
- Open your Webroot program
- Navigate to Advanced Settings
- Select Install Settings.
- Make certain that the box labeled “Allow Webroot to be shut down manually” is checked.
- If not checked, check it
- Click Save
- Click Cancel or click the X in the top right.
- After enabling this option, repeat steps 1-4 above.
After performing hit and trial test, you are required to re-open Webroot Antivirus. To start Webroot Antivirus manually:
- Click the Start button or Windows icon
- In All Programs, navigate to Webroot Antivirus.
- In the Webroot Antivirus directory, click Webroot Antivirus. The Antivirus program opens.
Check the Components
- If an application on your computer is not working properly, make certain that your Antivirus is not actively jamming one or more of its components.
2. Ensure that the application has been quarantined.
3. Ensure that the application has been blocked in Control Active Processes.
4. Check whether the firewall is blocking the application which may be blocked.
Contact Webroot Antivirus Support
If the issue encountered by the user gets stopped when Webroot Antivirus is disabled, do not hesitate raising a support ticket to get the issue resolved. Don’t forget to mention all the issues encountered by the user and the measures taken by the user in order to get the problem resolved. This might give an idea to the customer support executive that what exactly can be done and what other measures can be taken in order to get the problem resolved in fewer minutes.
Issue Encountered: Webroot not updating to the latest version?
Webroot Antivirus generally recommends a clean install of Webroot and that should take care of your issue. Follow the steps to get the issue resolved manually:
- Make certain that you have a 20 Character Alphanumeric Key code.
- Be assured of adding your Key code to your Online Console: Webroot Antivirus Online Console
- Keep the computer online for Uninstall
- Reinstall to make sure that it works correctly
- Download a Copy
- Uninstall WSA
- Install with the new installer, enter your Key code
- DO NOT import any old settings
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again