McAfee is a very popular software brand that offers users several software products. McAfee is one of the most used antivirus software among users as it provides real-time, on-demand, and scheduled scanning. Whether you are using McAfee antivirus on Windows or Mac, the software allows you to automatically or manually scan your device to check for malware and other kinds of threats that can damage your system. Still, it keeps your data private and protected.
Although McAfee antivirus software provides its users with several useful features, many people still find it challenging to use this software and therefore look for ways to Uninstall McAfee on Windows 10 or Uninstall McAfee Mac. The current post will provide you with some simple steps to uninstall McAfee from your computer, no matter the type of operating system you are working on.
Steps To Uninstall McAfee on Windows 10:
Using your computer's system settings, you can remove McAfee software without much effort, whether your computer came pre-installed with McAfee or you have decided to use different antivirus software or programs.
- Go to Settings in the Windows Search box and select Settings from the search results.
- Under Windows Settings, find and select Apps.
- Then type McAfee in the search panel and select the McAfee product you want to remove from your computer.
- Then select Uninstall.
- After that, select Uninstall again to confirm that you want to remove the software.
- After confirmation, Windows may ask your permission to continue. Then confirm once again to proceed with the uninstall.
- Then Windows will uninstall the software, and after the installation process is complete, close the Settings window.
- Then Restart your computer, and you will see that the software is removed from your system.
How You Can Remove McAfee in Windows Using the McAfee Removal Tool?
- If you cannot remove the software through your computer's settings, you can use the McAfee Removal Tool to complete the task.
- Then download the MCPR tool from the McAfee official website.
- Then Double-click MCPR.exe after the download process gets over.
- Then choose the Yes option to proceed. If any security warning appears, there is no need to worry; just select the Run option, and you will see that. The McAfee Software Removal Tool will be open. Then select Next
- Then Agree to the End User License Agreement (EULA) page.
- After that, enter the characters shown on the Security Validation screen, then proceed.
- Wait for a few minutes so that the tool to remove the software. This may take several minutes.
- Then choose Restart when you see the Complete Removal message.
How to Uninstall McAfee From a Mac Device?
To uninstall McAfee From a Mac, you can follow these simple steps, which are as follows.
- First, open the Applications folder in the dock, or you can navigate to the folder from a Finder window.
- Then open the McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller app.
- Choose the Uninstall SiteAdvisor check box to remove the McAfee browser add-on.
- Then select Continue.
- Then enter your administrator password, and after that, select OK.
- Then select Finish when the uninstall process is complete.
There are various reasons to uninstall McAfee on Windows 10 or McAfee on Mac. These reasons may include facing any technical issues while using the McAfee antivirus software or program or after using this antivirus software for some time. You now want to try out or use any other antivirus software that may offer you some unique features and have better security features than this antivirus program. Whatever your reason, you look for ways, methods, or procedures to uninstall McAfee on Windows 10 or to uninstall McAfee on Mac. This post has provided all the steps to easily uninstall McAfee on Windows 10 or McAfee on Mac quickly and efficiently.