Apple Pay makes it simple and secure to make payments in iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS apps, as well as on websites in Safari. Apple Pay can now be used in Messages for Business as well as iMessage extensions. Users can quickly and securely provide payment, shipping, and contact information to check out by using Face ID, Touch ID, or double-clicking Apple Watch. Customers adore Apple Pay's simplicity, and you'll adore the increased conversion rates and new user adoption that it brings. Here is how to use apple pay.
You can use Apple Pay in stores, apps, and on the web, among other places very easily.
How to use Apple Pay on your iPhone?
To use your default card, double-click the side button on your iPhone if it has Face ID. To open Apple Wallet, use Face ID or enter your passcode if prompted. Double-click the Home button if your iPhone has Touch ID. To switch to a different card, tap your default card to reveal your other options. Authenticate by tapping a new card. Hold your iPhone's top near the contactless reader until done and a checkmark appear on the screen.
How to use apple pay online or within app?
When you see Apple Pay as a payment option, you can use it to pay online in Safari or within apps.
- Select Apple Pay as your payment method by tapping the Apple Pay button or by tapping the Apple Pay button.
- Tap the Next or Expand Menu button next to your default card to pay with a different card.
- Enter your billing, shipping, and contact information if necessary. Apple Pay remembers that information, so you won't have to type it in again.
- Confirm your payment.
- When your payment is successful, the screen will display done and a checkmark.
Apple Pay Help
Change or update your payment method
In Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or in iTunes on your Mac or PC, you can update your billing information or add a payment method. If the billing address or expiration date is incorrect, tap or click the payment method, then update the payment information.
If you disputed a charge from the App Store or iTunes Store, contact your financial institution again to authorise that charge and future App Store or iTunes Store purchases.
If a payment method is unable to be charged
- Check your payment information using your device. You may notice red text explaining why the payment method cannot be charged.
- If your card was declined, you can either add a new payment method or update your payment information. You can link several payment methods to your Apple ID.
- The unpaid balance will be charged to your payment method. Then you can make additional purchases and update your apps, including those that are free.
Additional Information about Apple Pay:
- Apple Media Helpline (408) 974–2042
- Apple Software Upgrade Center (888) 840–8433
- Reseller Referral (Resellers, Trainers, Consultants) (800) 538–9696