Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager software system that is included in the Microsoft Office suite. Outlook is primarily an email client, but it also includes calendaring, task management, contact management, note-taking, journal logging, and web browsing. One of the most common issues people face is emails disappearing from Outlook. This does not appear to be a fatal issue, but it can have an impact on your work and make it less productive in an expected way.
Why are Emails Disappearing from Outlook?
Please check that the mobile app isn't censoring messages based on whether or not they've been read. Check that Outlook isn't set to delete messages after they've been read.
- Incorrect basic settings: If you have incorrectly configured POP or IMAP, emails may disappear.
- Accidental deletion: Perhaps you deleted some emails by mistake and then forgot about it.
- Improper filter option: If you use the wrong fitters, you may be unable to read some emails, such as old emails, emails that have been read, and emails that do not have attachments.
- Insecure account: If your Outlook account is compromised and used by another person, the hacker may delete some of your emails without your knowledge.
There are numerous ways to resolve this issue and ensure that your emails remain intact.
What to do when Emails Disappearing from Outlook?
If Emails are disappearing from Outlook on android phone?
If you're using a service that requires you to configure your email account as a POP account, you'll need to perform some additional configuration. The method you employ will be determined by the type of phone you possess. With this knowledge, you should be able to determine what to look for when configuring any Android device for POP for Email Disappearing from Outlook on the Phone. Make certain that you are manually configuring your POP email account. During the process, you will arrive at the Incoming Server setup.
Launch the Email programme.
- From the navigation bar, select Settings.
- Account Settings can be found in the drop-down menu.
- Tap an account to configure it.
- Choose More Options.
- The incoming settings should be selected.
- You can find it near the bottom. Delete all emails from the server
If Emails are disappearing from Outlook on iPhone?
If you use email frequently, you are probably aware of how quickly messages can accumulate in your inbox, causing emails to disappear from Outlook on iPhone. Some people are fantastic at managing their inboxes and keeping the number of messages in them to a bare minimum, but others of us simply let emails pile up.
- To begin, select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Mail, Contacts, and Calendars from the column on the left side of the screen.
- Tap the Show button in the Mail area in the screen's centre.
- Select the number of messages you want to see in each inbox on your iPad.
It could take a few moments for all of the messages to download to each inbox.
If Emails disappear from outlook 365?
The items are not actually deleted but are being filtered from view in some way. Therefore, to resolve this issue, change the filtering options in some way.
Filtering options vary. However, some of the more common filtering options are as follows:
- Date received
- Read/Unread status
View options will vary slightly, depending on the version of Outlook that you are using. To change the view options in Outlook, follow these steps.
If that doesn't work, you can try resetting your current view to see if that helps.
In Outlook, go to the View tab and select Reset View.
Meanwhile, to see if the problem is caused by any of your Inbox rules, temporarily disable all of them and see if the problem persists.