Avast is a reputable and deferential antivirus application. But to take advantage of this antivirus, installation is the initial step of it. Having an appropriate knowledge of installation and following the accurate steps certainly diminishes the risk of errors and leads to error-free antivirus support. Here we have compiled the things you need to do when Avast Antivirus is not installed.
What to do when Avast Antivirus is not Installing on Windows?
- Ensure that your computer matches the minimum system requirements to install Avast antivirus.
- Your computer’s windows must be up-to-date.
- Ensure that your downloaded file is not corrupted.
- If any other Antivirus program is already installed on your system, please remove it and then try installing the Avast again.
- Restart your system and then try installing the Avast antivirus.
- If the issue persists and you cannot fix this issue, then contact the technical support team of Avast.
Here is all you need to do to correctly install the Avast antivirus on your device.
Installing Avast Antivirus:
- Log into to Windows with all the administrative permission
- Ensure that there is no other antivirus installed on your system
- Go to the official Avast website
- Download the .exe file from the website
- Save the file in a familiar location, that is easy to access.
- Right-click on the setup files
- Select Run as administrator
- A dialogue box will be prompted asking whether to continue the setup or not
- Click on Yes to continue the process.
- Click on Options to change the default language of the setup
- Click on the Install button to continue the installation.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the installation of the antivirus set up on your system.
- After the installation gets complete, Click on continue
- After reviewing the policy, click ok
- Run the first complete scan of your system to detect the viruses or malware which threatens your system
- Your antivirus is now activated to protect your system from unwanted online threats